8 Things God Teaches You in High School by Grace Valentine
High School is NOT the best days of your life. However it is the time in your life where you change the most and truly find out who you are. High School is tough but if you look at what God is teaching you through your experiences you just might make it through alive.
So here are 8 simple things I can say God has taught me through my high school experience. Through the laughter, the back-stabbing, the sneaking out at two am, and even the heartbreak, I’m thankful for all those experiences because it help formed me into who I am meant to be.
1. You friends will constantly change, and even your best friends will talk bad about you. However, even when you can’t trust them you can lean on your father in your moments of weakness. You are not alone. Matthew 28:20-”I am with you always, even unto to the end of the world.”
2. Being pure and innocent isn’t a bad thing. Embrace your pureness and stop trying to “grow up” so fast. Psalm 51:9-11-“Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.”
3. God isn’t going to answer all your prayers exactly the way you want him to. But one day you’ll look back on your life and be thankful he didn’t, because his plan turned out greater then your plan. Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future…”
4. Your reputation is also a reputation of Christ if you proclaim to be Christian. This doesn’t mean you’ll never make a mistake, it means you know you are broken yet seek everyday to glorify God through your actions in order to show your love for him. Try you best to live a life that best represents Christ, even if you feel like your the only one. Matthew 5:16 “Let your light shine before men so that they may see your good deeds and praise your father in heaven..”
5. No matter what your dad tells you, you are not the prettiest girl in the world. However God created you to be you for a reason. There’s a reason you’re not brunette, tan, blonde, bra size 32D, or have a butt like Kim Kardashian.Not all guys will be attracted to the way you look like but God is deeply in love with your innermost being and desires for you to marvel in the masterpiece he created. And you’re that masterpiece. Psalm 139:14 “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
6. There’s nothing good that comes from regretting any of the choices you have already made. Instead learn from your mistakes and become better through them. Isaiah 43:19 “See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”
7. You don’t need a boyfriend to be happy. Period. Philippians 4:11-13 “Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
8. Not everyday is going to be a good day. You will have plenty of bad days. But if it wasn’t for the bad days then you wouldn’t know how great the good days feel. Romans 8:18 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us”